Wednesday, August 06, 2008

typhooned

I had the day off today, thanks to a typhoon. When it gets up to a level 8, and the Hong Kong observatory "hoists the typhoon 8 signal" (as it is written everywhere), the city pretty much shuts down. I think in my two years here, this is the second or third typhoon I've experienced. I got a call this morning telling me that the day's activities were canceled. However, an hour later, my window was a little loose and flew open, allowing piles of water to come in. I had to call downstairs for the security guard to come up because I wasn't strong enough to close the window myself with all of the wind blowing up here on the 19th floor!

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2008 4:54 PM, Blogger Naomi Haverland said...

I think this scenario could be made into a "made for TV movie"... if you and the security guard fell in love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home