Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tokyo trip

About a month ago, I had the chance to take off for a long weekend by using my personal days at work and head to Tokyo. My parents and sister met me there before they came to visit Hong Kong. We were able to stay with my Uncle Bill and he gave us the royal treatment of touring us around the city, feeding us to our heart's content, and taking us to Kamakura, outside of Tokyo. It was cherry blossom season, so the scenery was absolutely beautiful. It was such a great feeling to be with family again and to see the city where my mom grew up. I loved Tokyo and I'm looking forward to going back there soon.

Japanese garden

This is a prayer tree at the Meiji shrine.

We were able to witness many wedding parties on this Sunday afternoon.

Walking through Kamakura with Uncle Bill, Masami, my mom and Laura



Everywhere was simply beautiful.

At a cemetary near Uncle Bill's house.


Family picture by the Big Buddha.

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2008 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to go there someday.. It looks like a really fun, amazing trip!

 
At 6/01/2008 8:27 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

I want to go too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home