Saturday, May 10, 2008

Family visit

After we met in Japan, my family was here to visit me in Hong Kong. We've been talking about this trip for about 2 years now, and it just such a great experience for all of us to be over here together. Mom, dad, and Laura were here for almost 2 weeks, and I think I completely exhausted them with sight-seeing and touring. We fit in a lot (much of it involving food): dim sum, Indian food, visits to the HK harbor, the "Peak", shopping in the markets at Stanley and Mong Kok, foot reflexology, a visit to the fish market and pier, a Macau day trip, seeing museums, and some of my daily life here (work, home, church, friends, etc). Since we've all settled into life again, it's been so great to be able to talk and refer to certain places here and have them finally understand what I'm talking about! we went to Sai Kung and had a great fresh Chinese seafood dinner. Laura got a little addicted to the Mango juiceboxes at 7-11, so here we are posing by the pier.
Sai Kung pier
Well, this picture was actually taken in Japan, because I couldn't find a Hong Kong picture of the 4 of us where we all had our eyes open at the same time!

We went to see the Cantonese opera one night. Quite the experience...
I wanted my friends to meet my family, so we all went out for Italian food one night after work.

Hong Kong's harbor on a rare clear day


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home