Friday, August 10, 2007

pictures of home

This is taken from outside of The Castello...my apartment complex. There are 8 towers with 36 floors each...so about 5,000 people live here.


This is what I see when I walk out the front door of my building. This courtyard in the middle holds many "reflecting pools", benches, and trees. It's quite a peaceful retreat when compared with the rest of Hong Kong. In the back of the picture you can see our clubhouse. It holds two pools (indoor and outdoor), a full gymnasium, a workout gym, several BBQ pits for rent, tennis courts, a study room, many game rooms (pool, raquetball, etc), a dance room, and a bunch of other stuff. There are a lot of classes for kids and activities happening...I guess when there's a few thousand people living in this complex alone, it's treated almost as a small town within itself.


This is just one picture of a typical Hong Kong street....always highrise buildings all around and masses of people. You can't see the noodle shops, mobile phone stores, street vendors, and all of the other small business that line the streets.

Another picture from outside of my apartment complex.

I go up and down escalators like these everyday, all the time. I have never seen any other city with so many escalators. To the left of this particular one is a Haagen-Daaz, which was buzzing with people. To the right is a Godiva Chocolate store, and right on the bottom is a Starbucks. I'm not exactly suffering over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home