Friday, August 25, 2006

old friends, new friends

Yesterday after work I went to the airport to see Cicely (http://www.cicbangladesh.blogspot.com/), a good, good friend from college. She had a long layover here on her way to Bangladesh, where she will be doing mission work for a year. It was amazing and normal and SO, SO good to see her. Talking and catching up and laughing (at the same inside jokes of Calvin College, me being efficient, and her un-organizational systems) with someone who I knew well was such a welcomed and a comforting feeling.

I took a direct bus to get to the airport, about a half hour ride, and sat on the top level of the double decker so I could see more clearly and watch the streets, the lights, the hills, the water, the bridges pass... It was a month to the day that I was at the airport, just arriving in Hong Kong and taking the same route to my new home. I listened to some sentimental music on my ipod, which made me reflect on how my comfort level, my understanding, my faith, and how my perspective has changed in just a month. I am still trying to figure out how to best express those feelings in words.

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like good times...wish i could have met you guys there.

 
At 8/27/2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...you've been in HK a month already! when you can put the growth experiences into words, let us know. :)

 
At 8/28/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Naomi Haverland said...

I have a layover in HK on my way to Provo next month... will you meet me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home