Sunday, August 20, 2006

things that are becoming routine...

This weekend I went shopping in MongKok, to the "Ladies Market", where I had a chance to practice my bartering skills. My original intent was to buy a birthday gift for my mom, but the cheap "designer" (ie..knockoff designer) purses and wallets caught my attention. Soon, I'm going to get my visa to head up into China and do some more bartering, and go to a tailor to get some clothes made.

On my way home from work this week, I stopped by CitySuper, a Whole Foods like Westernized grocery store to get a few things, with the main item being dairy products. I was stopped by two middle school girls who asked to interview me for their English class. I felt like a celebrity when they asked me to take my picture with them.

My life was also made all the more exciting when I discovered that they are showing one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development, here on TV, which was canceled in the States.

I have NOT seen any monkeys lately. This is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home