Wednesday, August 16, 2006

dancing with the monkeys

Today I went to my first-ever dance class. One of the teachers at school was a professional dancer for 10+ years and is now starting a dance/excercise class after school. We'll see how long I last. The only thing I learned is that I have essentially NO balance.

The other new thing that happened today is that I learned that there are monkeys in the hills behind our house, which I previously HAD been looking forward to hiking in. I was a little nervous about the animal life in this tropical climate, seeing as how I don't exactly love animals, and this news confirmed my anxieties. My roommate actually SAW A MONKEY walking across the road in front of the shuttle bus the other morning. The only other wild animal I've seen since I've been here has been a cockroach, which has fortunately been outside, but was unfortunately quite large in size.

4 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be cool if you saw a monkey... probably not if it was up close and personal though. Maybe from the safety of a vehicle like when we saw that moose at our campground once.

 
At 8/17/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Naomi Haverland said...

When I was a kid in hong kong, I was attacked by a monkey and my mom and her friend had to save me. My parents remind me of the incident all the time.

 
At 8/19/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

emiline...don't worry. i got bit by a monkey and am still going strong. i would guess that most monkeys aren't in the biting business, though.

 
At 8/21/2006 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have just tapped into everyone's deep, dark "I have a monkey" story or at least the desire to have a story vault.

It's a little too "Captain Planet" to take.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home