Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cambodia and Bangkok trip introduction

For the week of Chinese New Year, I took off for Cambodia with a few friends, mainly to see Angkor Wat (look it up on Wikipedia if you don't know what it is). I absolutely fell in love with Cambodia...it was definitely one of my favorite trips and is hard to fully put into words. I had a difficult time narrowing down the pictures to post, so you just get a bunch of them here (4 blog entries worth!) I wish we had more time there...I couldn't get enough of it. Cambodia is a developing country, but there were more tourists there than I expected (and more American tourists than I typically see...usually the white faces are European or Australian). Yes, we were faced with a lot of poverty, but it's a country full of hope with a bright future, if the government can remain stable. More on this trip than others, I felt like I had more of a genuine and authentic experience of a country. The weather, the scenery, and the food were all fantastic. Oh, and on a side note: Cambodians use American money (everywhere, not just the tourist places) and the ONLY Western business I saw was the Dairy Queen at the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home